Experienced Criminal Defense
If you or a loved face criminal charges in Montgomery County, it’s critical to secure legal representation for your criminal defense quickly. The prosecution likely began building their case against you, so it’s important to act fast to protect your rights.
Without a criminal defense attorney by your side, you run the risk of facing serious consequences. In fact, the result of which may include imprisonment, fines, probation, license suspension, termination of employment and a criminal record.
The Avid Law Firm, LLC, is committed to providing the strongest defense possible regardless of the crime you are charged with committing. We understand that everyone makes mistakes and that everyone deserves a second chance.
The firm’s founder and lead criminal defense attorney Prince Williams, Esq. has dedicated his career to helping the accused get their lives back on track. He understands that a conviction on your record threatens your freedom, reputation, relationships, and future opportunities. Mr. Williams’ top priority is to get the charges against you dropped or reduced.
The Avid Law Firm is well respected within the legal community. In fact, our familiarity with the Montgomery County court system and its local judges and prosecutors enables us to navigate the criminal justice system with ease and puts us in a position to deliver the best possible outcome.
Defending a Wide Range of Criminal Offenses
At Avid Law Firm we have the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to defend against misdemeanors and felonies at the state or federal level, including:
- Traffic Offenses: Driving under the influence (DUI), driving while impaired (DWI), driving under the influence of drugs (DUID)
- Drug charges: Possession, distribution, manufacturing, trafficking of street or prescription drugs
- Violent crimes: Assault, battery, burglary, murder, theft, robbery
- White collar crimes: Fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, bribery, insider trading
- Domestic violence: Final protective orders
- Sexual offenses: Rape, sexual assault
Benefits of Hiring the Avid Law Firm
When you hire the Avid Law Firm, we will conduct a complete investigation into your case, the incidents leading up to your arrest and the evidence that the prosecution intends to use against you.
Here are additional ways in which we can assist you in your case:
- Represent you at bail hearing, present evidence to the judge or magistrate that you are not a threat to the community or likely to flee and avoid trial
- Protect you from unfair or unethical law enforcement procedures, file motions to suppress evidence
- Utilize our vast network of experts (private investigators, medical practitioners, expert witnesses)
- Seek reduction of your criminal charges to lesser offenses, such as a felony to a misdemeanor
- Negotiate a “deal” or “plea bargain” with the prosecutor to reduce severity of punishment — lessen time served or a rehabilitation program
- Litigate, if necessary before a judge or jury
What To Expect From
The Criminal Process
Being in trouble with the law is an overwhelming and intimidating experience. You may be feeling scared, anxious, frustrated, and deeply concerned about the consequences you may be facing. Having a criminal defense attorney to guide you through the criminal justice system can ease some of your stress and give you confidence that you’re in good hands.
To give you an idea of what to expect during the criminal process, we’ve provided a brief overview of the average case from a procedural standpoint.
- The Arrest
- Citation or Booking
- Bail Hearing
- Plea Bargaining
- Preliminary Hearing
- Trial and Sentencing
At your arraignment, a judge will make a determination of whether to set bail, release you on your own recognizance, or keep you in police custody. Bail acts as an “insurance policy” that you will appear at future court dates. In setting a bail amount, a judge takes several factors into consideration including the seriousness of the offense, whether you are considered a flight risk or danger to the community, and whether you have a history of skipping court dates.
If bail is set and you cannot afford to post it, then you are entitled to a bail review hearing. Criminal defense attorney Prince Williams can represent you at this hearing and advocate for a reduction in your bail. If a reduction isn’t granted he can help you find a bail bonding company.
Contact a Bethesda Criminal Defense Lawyer Today!
You deserve representation you can trust. So, call us at ( 240) 561-7433 to schedule an initial consultation. We will also help you understand the charges and range of penalties you face, and present you with potential defense strategies worth pursuing.